Interesting Bible verse

This sort of makes me think of my post on Aug 31 that was on time management. How does this relate to that post?

I came across this Bible verse today and it really spoke to me. The first version is King James.
"And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you" 1 Thessalonians 4:11.

This second version is the NIV.
"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you"

WOW, it says a lot to me and makes me think on a number of things. Slow down in life, concentrate on the important things in life (God, husband, child, education), deal with your own house and get your work done.

What does this say to you?

Have a wonderful week!!!

p.s. There is nothing more convicting (besides the Bible) than listening to the homeschool convention MP3's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts

What are your kids watching on YouTube?

Thanks to Focus On The Family you can learn more about what your kids may be watching on YouTube.  Plugged In  has reviews of some of the mo...

Most Popular Posts